Thursday, September 4, 2008

RNC Night 1&2 Hoopla!


Gustav did the Dems a favor and pushed the start of the RNC back a day, but the GOP didn't disappoint with a fine line up of speakers.

First off, I have to state, that I was not enthused about the McCain campaign UNTIL I watched the Saddleback Forum with both candidates. That solidified my support because John roasted Barry with sharp to the point answers. That said, then the surprise pick of Alaska Gov. Palin made this GOP convention and the whole shootin' match so much more interesting.

I thought that my President man a excellent speech and solid endorsement with the usual Texas since of humor that I actually like.

Fred Thompsom came on and gave a yomans speech that skewered Obama and contrasted the Hanoi Hilton story with Obama's past. It was a great speech that left me fist pumping..

Lieberman left me with a bad taste. I've never liked the man, he was droning on but made and interesting pitch to the Reagan Dems.

All in all, great first night, not a lot of detail but plenty of red meat. I love meat.

No comments: