Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The things we do right in America

My heart goes out to the folks in Texas and Louisiana who lost their homes and family in the hellish storm. I watch all Friday night as the storm came closer and closer.

Then Saturday morning, I woke up to the utter destruction. Little do I know that IKE was actually headed my way and hit my house on Sunday. It was just the wind, not the flooding but it was crazy.
And it did some damage, lots of it.




The thing about America that the politicians forget, is that when pushed against the wall and faced with destruction, we all kick into high gear, forget our differences and dig ourselves out of the debris.
Neighbor helps neighbor. We work together. Obama mommas and Palinites not fighting, working for each other.

That's what makes this country so great.

I get sick of hearing that we are a county divided, that's crap. We may agree to disagree, sometimes not like each other but when push comes to shove, we stand together.

No comments: