Saturday, January 26, 2008

Wall Street or Slots

With the roller coaster stock market ride this past week, some things have become clear to me, Playing the market is gambling pure and simple, there's a rush sure and risk yes but you might as well put money on a horse race, It seems that the market is not based on any reality but on what analysts project companies should do. Someone's unqualified opinion. Say I make widgets and sell millions of them in a year-year after year. So I have a year and don't quite sell a million and miss a projection(guess). And suddenly my companies worth 50% less. I'm still making millions of dollars worth of widgets.

Where does the lost money go? Who gets the spoils. The fed slashed interest rates to help the gamblers form killing themselves.. That's good for borrowers, god knows we need more debt. You can have the market, it's not worth worrying about.

Economists say the country is in a crapper, the recession is upon us. I say bullshit. Business is good in advertising. It's the bell weather-advertising gets cut when the actual economy is bad, that's not happening right now. The stock market is inacurate indicator of the economy, especially now in a presidential election year. That's my 2¢.

No comments: